Personality Development means enhancing our personality in a way so that it becomes attractive in every manner to everyone, includes basic things like communication, etiquette, body language, and many other things, will enhance our management skills, improve our decision making and help us in becoming good leaders.
We learn soft skills as well as interpersonal skills in personality development courses which are essential in every stage of our life. The importance of the Personality Development enables us to discover our qualities, empowers us to make the right decisions and to choose wisely. It builds that one winning quality in us- confidence- Confident people get more success in the long run, assists us in communicating, convincingly, and precisely, we will be seen as a leader by our peers and colleagues.
The goal of personality development training is to develop your overall personality professionally, personally, economically, and emotionally, aims to strengthen your strong areas and improvise your weak areas to boost your confidence level both internally and externally.
What is Personality Development?
- Personality is an individual’s trait that makes an individual unique and different from others with respect to behaviour, attitude to bring out the best version and to realize the potential of the individual.
- Personality development is the means to enhance or to add extra oomph to one’s self-confidence and self-esteem, in turn helps any individual to achieve and accomplish their goals and aims, in removing their hesitations, overcome their weaknesses, and improvising the strong areas.
- It is important to understand that personality development is not a day’s, a months or a year’s process, it is a long-term goal and is learned over years, this training works upon an individual’s grooming and on building their confidence.
- Personality development brings clarity to your goals and visions, it inspires you to become a better person and keeps you motivated so that you can make better decisions and live better.
- Personality Development training gives a holistic approach to your path of development and helps to create a positive environment, eventually helps to create an optimistic mindset that is extremely important or accomplishing your goals and targets and makes you a reliable and credible individual. All these qualities are essential for any individual for their dealing with their daily encounters.
- Developing personality is an overall enhancement both externally and internally.
- Personality development is a long-term enduring process that involves shaping and fostering an individual’s interest, skills, and knowledge to utilize their full potential. There are different components of personality development like
- Communication skills: Clear thinking and clear communication are two important aspects of anyone’s personality. Expression of thoughts and what you think is extremely important, communication is important because we cannot succeed on our own and need to express each other. Unclear or improper communication gives rise to conflicts. Again, to manage conflict communication is the key. Clear thinking helps to set goals and to achieve them.
- Emotional management: Emotional management is how you manage your emotions ads what you feel and how strongly you feel may affect your performance. Along with managing one’s own emotions understanding other’s emotions is also crucial to manage activities and to deal with others. Thus, emotional intelligence is a very important trait of one’s personality.
- Self-confidence and Self-esteem: Self-confidence and self-esteem are individual’s traits that are basically what an individual thinks about themselves. Confidence is directly proportional to success and success raises the self-confidence and self-esteem of any individual.
- Body language & Non-verbal communications: There is a well-known phrase that your action speaks louder than the words, your body language and any non-verbal communications like body gestures are very important as it lets you communicate with people effectively. Body gestures and actions convey an individual’s assertiveness and perseverance.
What skills will you learn in this Course?
The most important traits and skills that are developed and learned through the personality development course are the positive factor, increased self- confidence and self-esteem which is required for the success of any individual. Personal grooming, well-practiced etiquette, public speaking confidence, emotional management, improved and better IQ, clear thinking capacity, active listening, improved decision-making skills, proactiveness, better management skills, emotional intelligence, conflict management, and improved communication skills are some of the most important skills learned during this training.
There is no formal qualification required for taking the personality development training, any student, professional, or anyone who wants to improvise their overall personality can apply for this training. Obviously, for the professionals they need to have qualifications in their respective fields as that will help decide the course of training as per their profession and for professional growth. Knowledge of the English language, computers, and good communication skills will be an added advantage for the individuals during training as it will give you an extra self-confidence factor. Anyone with a good IQ who wants to work upon themselves and want to improve their confidence can apply for the training.
Students, professionals, and anyone who wants to work upon and improvise their overall personality and interpersonal skills can opt for personality development training. This training helps to build self- confidence which is essential to deal with your daily encounters both personally and professionally.
Both types of training have their importance and perks and benefits. For those who are working professionals, online training is better for them as they don’t have time to attend the classroom training, all the training modules and video lectures are available online, and they can access them from wherever and whenever they want.
Personality Development- Behavioural Tips
- Be Good: It is vital not just to pretend to be a helpful person; you genuinely have to do that to be that person
- Do you really need to change: You have come out of your cocoon and see the world with unbiased eyes, soon, you will realize that you need to adapt to new environment.
- Work on Inner beauty: We all work on external appearance, but when you speak everything get reflected, weather you are arrogant, dominating, self-centred or not concerned. From your actions and way to behave and speak it all gets reflected.
- Are you in self-doubt: Many a times people are genuine, they know how to carry themselves, but they lack in their confidence levels they cannot express themselves properly. It is just they have fear of audience.
- Work on your confidence level: Well, you need to develop a carefree attitude, be confident, you need to think, people will speak negative about you as they are jealous of you, or they don’t want you to become the center of attraction.
- Learn from Mistakes: If you are learning any new thing, you are bound to make mistakes, be prepared to say sorry and apologies genuinely.
- Evaluation (Others feedback): Keep on evaluating yourself at regular intervals and improving gradually. But In case you are not getting feedbacks, thenits time to have another mechanism for you to have your evaluation done.
- Self – Evaluation: For this start maintaining notes about the personality traits that you need to work upon. Like public speaking, boosting confidence, pleasant personality, helpful nature, socialize, dressing sense and likewise. You need to find out what is it that you need to work on first.
- Develop your network and Socialize: Today is the age of networking, be social with people, you should often go for outings with friends, you will have self-knowledge about things and develop confidence to travel independently and interact with your network.
- Imitate: If you know of someone who is fantastic in team building and have great personality, observe that person by heart, try to be that person most of times to learn from him, how he does such things, the more time you spend in observing and learning more you understand about his positive and negative points a and adopt only the best qualities and not the negative ones.
- Adaptive: You can only learn when you are adaptive, if you are rigid with your though process than it is next to impossible to learn new things and personality development.
- Fun Loving: Always working for targets and remaining a serious and boring kind of a person is never able to develop fan club of his own, you need to be fun loving, add some humour while serious discussion is going on, this will break the monotonous routine in the room, and burst the stress balloon as well. But do it in controlled and acceptable manner.
- Time Management: It is crucial to stick to your time this will help you in prioritizing things also to take the decisions what to do when and how, to say no and where to schedule what. With time management you will learn to know what your priorities are, scheduling, this reflects better team management qualities and you will be in a position to lead. But first manage self and then you can manage your team well.
- Courageous: Take a stand for your decision is a good quality but you need to learn how to express your thoughts and decisions. The win-win solution is the best approach however, there are situations when you are bound to take stringent decisions, the courage is to stick to those plans but the smartness is when you can handle it smoothly when convincing all the stakeholders involved so that there is minimum dismal in the environment.
- Great host: It does not matter that the party is hosted by you or not, important is to show concern by asking people around like: you should have some snacks, that one is good, have some water you are dancing from long. I am going to get some food, are you coming along.
- Complement others: If you see someone is looking great it is always good to compliment them, they will love you for that. It’s not only about dress this is valid for their exceptional victory, speech or any other quality which you admire the most.
- Read: A habit of reading will fetch wonders in your personality. The changes for which you have been trying hard will come automatically within you. It will transform you from within and will help you evoking your inner hidden strengths, from which you yourself were unaware till date.
- Know your body type: It is important to know your body type, skinny, fat, shot height, plump, or long legged. Further what is your face type, round, oval, flat or with distinguished face cut?
- Work on your attire: Dress according to the environment and situation, when you are going for the official party, try dressing up in one piece dress or a shining top or blazer. With elegant jewellery. Learn the make –up tips as well. Likewise distinguish your daily official formal attire and your family functions attire.
- Accessories: Accessories are the great way to add on to your personality development. You need to know what suits you best. Further, you should be able to carry yourself confidently while wearing those accessories.
- Your body language: this is universally accepted that your body does 70% of talking and people will judge you by your gestures and not by your speaking. So you need to know what your body is conveying while you do the talking, is it sounds too offensive, aggressive or timid when you put your point across.
- BE ORIGINAL: It is the very famous saying that an original is always worth more than a copy, hence, one should always be what he or she is, rather than pretending what they are not. Each and every individual person on this earth is blessed with a unique property, and hence it is the duty of that particular individual to maintain or enhance that property.
Personality development is important and beneficial through all walks of life. It will help you to grow in any field and to prosper, to gain self-confidence and self- esteem which is pivotal for any individual both professionally and personally. Personality development helps you to be happy and assertive, think positive, and be more content. You learn new things as an individual and live better. It improvises your decision-making skills and you become a problem solver rather than cribbing around the problem. Personality development makes you self-aware and brings clarity in your goals and visions which is extremely important for success on the personal and professional front. You become resilient and motivated; it brings a sense of inspiration. Personality development makes you more responsible and strengthens your relationships with others which eventually builds up your social networking. Your skill of communicating with others and expressing your thoughts improvises which is crucial for growth on the professional front.
The pointers mentioned above are easy and simple yet you need to have the confidence that you can do it and you should not be in fake notion that they are simple so why to give time towards them. In both the thought processes you will fail in your ambition. Therefore, follow the mantra of slow and steady wins the race.
Gear up for a battle that is your battle with self!
All the very best for your new journey, hope to see a new you.